The CANCELLATION of NAYC21 as an in-person event is due to the following main reasons:
- Lucas Oil Stadium capacity is still set at only a 17,500 as of March 29th.
- At this time, we have no guarantee that the stadium capacity will increase by April 6th (our registration opening date) nor by our event date in July.
- Furthermore, we have already delayed the registration date more than one month to allow time for the stadium capacity to increase.
- While the Indiana governor has stated that restriction would lift for the state on April 6, 2021, unfortunately, the Mayor of Marion County has stated that restrictions will remain in place for the county and the city of Indianapolis. The Mayor and the director of the health board have determined that they will continue to uphold restrictions for the city and the county.
- The Health Board for Marion County has the authority (and precedence) to wait and approve an event’s capacity numbers/risk mitigation plans up to 48 hours from the event start date. This means that we could potentially receive denial for our requested attendance capacity up to two days before the first service/day of NAYC.
- We are nearing the 90-day cancellation window with some of our event hotels. To delay NAYC cancellation could potentially mean that YM and our attendees are faced with penalties and fees for cancelling so close to the event.
See below for Online Event Information:
We encourage attendees, students, youth groups, and churches to join us Friday night, July 30th for a one night only virtual service. This will not be just another virtual service, but we will encourage districts, sections, and youth groups to host watch parties (if possible). Please visit upciyouth.com and our social media outlets for more information that will be released soon.